Mountain View Centers VII – Rialto, CA
RCFE – Residential Care Facility For The Elderly
917 E. Mesa Dr., Rialto, CA 92376
License # 361800015
The Rialto Cottage is classified as an RCFE (Residential Care Facility For The Elderly). Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE’s are sometimes called “Board and Care” facilities. Board and Cares are non-medical facilities that provide a level of care that includes assistance with activities of daily living. You or your loved one does not need to have dementia or memory loss to qualify to stay.
RCFE’s are a type of Assisted Living. Residents in RCFE facilities are provided supervision and care. This includes assistance with:
- daily personal activities (ADLs)
- social activities,
- assistance with personal hygiene and grooming,
- individual/community dining,
- incidental medical services e.g., physical therapy
- monitoring under special care plans may also be provided e.g., hopsice care
Because RCFE’s are considered to be non-medical facilities, they are not required to employ certified medical personnel. RCFEs are best suited for residents who are no longer able to live independently but do not require constant nursing/medical care.
Board & Care For The Elderly, What To Look For
RCFEs are licensed and inspected by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (CCL) and must meet state care and safety standards.
- Staff involement. Staff needs to be involved, compassionate and professional
- Clean and hygenic enviroment
- A room either private or shared
- MUST BE LICENSED
- In – House Physician
- Offer supportive care services e.g., home health, physical therapy
- Activities (indoor and outdoor), as well as special events
- 3 Nutritious meals and 3 snacks per day
Happy residents caring and friendly staff is a good indication that yu have selected the best choice for your loved one.
Pets are Welcome
For more information, please call (888) 533-6633. We can help!